Commercial AC Replacement
Commercial air conditioning system repairs and replacements are industry-specific. Your dry-cleaning business doesn’t have the same AC requirements as the restaurant next door or the office complex across the street.
JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling offers the most experienced and professional commercial HVAC services to Ohio and Northern Kentucky, and we can take care of all your AC system needs.
Some of the commercial properties we serve include:
- Healthcare facilities
- Manufacturing/industrial properties
- Multifamily housing
- Recreational facilities
- Server rooms
- Strip malls
8 Reasons Your Commercial AC Isn’t Cooling Properly
Often your AC system doesn’t have a dramatic breakdown. It just never seems to provide comfortable air conditioning.
Some of the reasons your AC isn’t working “right” include:
- Blockages – Office furniture gets moved around and it sometimes blocks vents or registers. Or the person who is always freezing closes the vent intentionally (see: office thermostat wars).
- Cooling capacity – AC replacement is the best fix for an AC system that can’t keep up with space requirements. If you’ve expanded or you have a new business tenant with different HVAC needs, your AC may be undersized. If you have too much cooling for your property, the system may kick on and off erratically. In this case, your AC replacement may need to be smaller.
- Dirty ducts – Buildups in ductwork can block airflow.
- Heat – Large appliances and especially electronics generate a lot of heat. (Switch to LED lights and turn off unused equipment if possible.)
- Humidity – Spring and summer are humid in our area of the U.S. Older commercial AC systems can’t keep up with the moisture and have difficulty delivering cooler air.
- Old building – Replacing a commercial AC system is much more affordable than replacing the building. Older buildings “leak” air and your AC may struggle to keep up.
- Refrigerant leak, dirty fan – You need commercial AC maintenance, especially if you’re not ready to replace your older unit. Neglected HVAC systems accumulate grime and develop corrosion.
- Sun – Sunshine could be straining your AC unit. Consider shades or blinds.
There are several DIY ways to keep cool and save energy. But when you need AC replacement, JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling will explain which system will work best for your commercial property. Call 513-574-4000 or contact JM Mechanical with questions about commercial AC replacement.
Why You Need Commercial AC Replacement
Your commercial AC maintenance plan will include:
- Balancing airflow
- Changing air filters
- Checking refrigerant
- Cleaning condensate drains, evaporators, condensers
- Inspecting HVAC supply electrical systems
But even with diligent maintenance, there comes a time when it’s necessary to replace your AC system. If your system can be repaired and deliver good service for the long term, that’s what we’ll recommend.
Some of the repair vs. replacement considerations for your commercial AC system are:
- Age – Commercial HVAC systems have a 15±-year life span. A well-maintained system can last longer. As commercial systems get older, operating costs increase. If your AC system is older than 10 years, replacement may be the best option.
- Prior repairs/expenses – If you’ve already had one or more repairs this year, it’s time to replace your commercial AC system. Here’s a formula: If the repair cost is 50% or more of the replacement cost, you should probably replace the unit. Your ROI may be substantial with your new system’s lower energy costs.
- Technology – Technological advances make heating and cooling easier and more efficient than ever before. We use thermal imaging to locate air loss zones. And you can install zoned air conditioning. What about ductless heating and cooling? Our team receives continuing education so we can explain newer commercial AC choices.
Call 513-574-4000 or contact JM Mechanical to discuss commercial AC repair or replacement. Like you, we’re in business for the long haul, so it just makes sense to deliver the best heating and cooling commercial solutions.
We’re Your Commercial AC Partner
JM Mechanical professionals believe business-to-business support benefits our community as well as our companies. That’s why we will partner with you to find the best solution when you need AC replacement.
We understand your priorities:
- Clean air for public health and safety
- Turnaround time
Here in Ohio and Kentucky, summer days can get uncomfortably warm. An air conditioning failure on a hot summer day is bad for business!
If your AC system needs replacement, JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling delivers superior, affordable service. Our prices are extremely competitive, and we offer favorable financing options for your company. Call 513-574-4000 or contact JM Mechanical to learn more.