Furnace Repair in Cincinnati & West Chester, Ohio
Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky both face winters that can be cold or even brutal. Your home furnace is all that’s keeping you comfortable, and if the system fails, you could be chilled to the bone in no time.
When you’re looking for a furnace repair company, you want contractors who are fast, efficient, and always precise. In other words, you want JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling.
Our elite heating technicians and skilled product specialists are dedicated to serving our clients with the best.
We bring decades of experience, superior training, and top-class technology so you never need to be concerned about the quality of service and work you get when you call our team for heating services in Cincinnati.
6 SIGNS YOU NEED FURNACE REPAIR IN CINCINNATI, OH
We can have extreme weather here in Ohio. You want your heating system to work efficiently before a big storm. If your furnace has any of these warning signs, you need furnace repair sooner rather than later:
- Higher utility bill: Intense, prolonged cold weather can cause your energy bill to spike. But if your heating costs are higher than usual for no reason, your system is working harder to provide the same level of comfort. You may need furnace maintenance or repair.
- Leaking: Any furnace leaks indicate a problem. It’s usually a clogged drain or damaged condensation line. If your furnace has a condensation pump, it could develop a leak.
- No heat: First, check your thermostat. Next, check to ensure you haven’t tripped your circuit breaker. If you have a gas furnace, see if the pilot light is on. If everything checks out and you still have no heat, call 513-574-4000.
- Noises: The only sound you should hear is the quiet movement of circulating air throughout your home. Humming/buzzing could be an electrical problem. If you hear banging, shrieking (squeaking), scraping/grating, rattling, rumbling, whistling, or popping, you need to turn off your furnace and call 513-574-4000.
- Not enough heat: If the filter isn’t clogged and all the vents are open, you should have adequate heat in every room. If not, you need furnace repair.
- Short-cycling: This is when the unit turns off and on quickly/erratically. It could be overheating or a thermostat problem. Turn off the furnace and call JM Mechanical.
Do you have any of these warning signs? If your furnace needs repair, don’t wait for an emergency.
Call 513-574-4000 or contact JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling.
West Chester Furnace Repair Services
Your comfort should never have to hinge on the whims of a furnace contractor who refuses to take your needs seriously.
At JM Mechanical, we strive to be everything you need in a furnace repair team: We arrive on time, come equipped for the job, and don’t consider the job done until we’re certain the problem has been resolved for good.
Why Choose JM Mechanical for Furnace Repair?
For over 10 years, we’ve aimed to provide the best HVAC and heating services to homeowners in the Cincinnati area. This means precision and quality work, of course, but we know that honesty, integrity, and friendly service are also key.
We treat our clients like family, and we won’t call it a day until you’re 100% satisfied with our furnace repair services.
If you need furnace repair, trust the elite heating contractors at JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling.
Call today or contact us online for service!
Frequently Asked Furnace Repair Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions we receive include:
Why is my furnace making weird noises?
With all mechanical systems, odd noises are most commonly a clear sign that a part needs to be repaired or replaced. Often, the part may have come loose from its setting, but this needs to be taken care of immediately — failure to schedule a timely repair is the leading cause of untimely furnace replacement!
Is furnace maintenance important?
We can’t overstate the importance of furnace maintenance in the Cincinnati area. Your furnace works endlessly throughout the cool months, which means it accumulates a good deal of wear and tear. Maintenance counteracts these issues, leading to a longer system life span and better performance, which helps you save money.
How can I improve the efficiency of my furnace?
Aside from scheduling annual HVAC maintenance, be sure to change your furnace’s air filter once every one to two months. Change it more often if you have pets or a large family. If you’re looking for a filter that lasts longer and does a better job, go with pleated polyester filters over fiberglass.
Does homeowners insurance cover furnace repair?
Sometimes. Homeowners insurance covers repairs or replacement of furnaces, boilers, and other parts of your HVAC unit if they are damaged by a covered condition in your policy.
What that means is:
- Your homeowners insurance will probably cover repairs/replacement if your HVAC unit is damaged by “peril.” For example, fire or water damage from a burst pipe.
- Your homeowners insurance will probably not cover repairs/replacement due to a mechanical problem, earthquake, or flood.
How much does it cost to repair a furnace?
A lot depends on where you live. In 2020, the national average for furnace repair was $295. Electric furnaces are usually cheaper to repair. Gas furnaces cost more to repair because they are more complex systems.
Hourly charges usually start at $75/hour but range from $50 to $150/hour. Again, it depends on where you live. Enter your ZIP code in HomeAdvisor’s furnace repair calculator for an estimate for your area of Ohio.
Should you repair or replace your furnace?
The age of your furnace or HVAC system is a big factor. Furnaces last from 15 to 20 years, depending on maintenance and homeowner diligence (replacing furnace filters, etc.).
Your local furnace repair professional should be honest about what you need and when you may need it. But a good rule of thumb is, if it’s under 10 years old, repairing your furnace is best. If it’s over 12 years old, consider a replacement.
What can cause a furnace to stop working?
Dirty filters are the most common cause of furnace problems (and the easiest to prevent). When the filter is dirty and clogged, the heat exchanger works harder and may overheat.
Other common issues that can lead to a service call include:
- Blower runs non-stop
- Cycling too often
- Lack of maintenance
- No heat
- Provides heat, but not enough
JM Mechanical Heating & Cooling recommends twice yearly maintenance in spring and fall to keep your HVAC system operating at maximum efficiency for longer. But when you need same-day service, you can depend on us!
Call 513-574-4000 or contact us if you have questions.